Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love Ethan.... (the others too)

So lately Ethan has been going to nursery (his class he goes to at church on Sundays it's for those kids who are 18 months - 3 years old).  It's been great, he doesn't cry or scream or throw a fit anymore when it's time to go.  He loves it! And I love that he loves it!!  They have someone come in and do singing time with these adorable little kids, and just recently they had a picture with a face.  You hold it one way it's a sad face, and the other is happy.

Well there is also a song that goes with this particular picture.  It's so cute to hear him sing it, and refer to this song as "my song".  And that he can't sing it unless he is holding his picture.  Here are the words:

If you chance to meet a frown, 
do not let it stay.  
Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away. 


No one likes a frowning face, 
change it for a smile. 
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while.

It is such a simple little song with a cute little tune, but is packed with probably the greatest lesson for most human beings to learn.  And now I find myself reminded of this song from when I was in Primary (the class for the kids ages 4 - 11,   in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ).  When I'm finding myself getting upset and frustrated those words are popping into my head ALL the time now.  And it's getting easier to ignore  LISTEN to them and change my attitude.  You know they always say you learn things from your kids and lately that is exactly what's been happening in my house.  Thank You Ethan for teaching REMINDING me of something I learned a long time ago.

I also can't get over how cute he sounds with his cute little boy voice, and the amazing smile that is plastered on his face when he sings this happy little song.

Here's a link to the song if you want to take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment