Once again, I've been busy painting in a bedroom.
Once again, it's not mine.
Once again I've completed a goal I set for myself.
Once again, the house is a wreck everywhere else.
Once again, dishes are piled up high,
once again clothes are ALL over the house.
Once again, school is going to start, and all this is okay ...because I was able to take this:
So here I've managed after a LONG, EXCRUCIATING week of clearing out the MESS and equally dispersing of it throughout the rest of my house, yard and garage, and a few trash cans, to finally clear out the room and get it EMPTY!! Yeah for me. (With some minor, and occasional help from the kidlets that reside in this humble abode). The walls were NASTY ... marked up with just about everything one could imagine, and even popper exploded on the wall. The last time this room was painted and had clean walls was right before I had Heidi 8 years ago. All this happened in 8 years time... YUCK.Of course, you can see their lousy place of a closet. And all the work materials sitting up there on top.
We moved the beds all outside so that we could paint the room. And paint the beds. So outside they sat for about 3 days. We got so lucky that it didn't rain while they were out there either. Although on the last day we had several storm clouds above and kept hearing the thunder so we were hurrying to finish up the paint jobs on the bed frames so that we could get them inside before any potential harm from rain. Luckily it never rained on us though.
So after a long week... we moved the girls back into their bedroom.... We switched up the positioning of the beds. Actually they were just like this but flip flopped. I wanted something a little different.
A great find of a dresser off from KSL. I love it!!! So now all the girls share this dresser. Should help contro the amount of clothing each one of them can have and hold onto.
We didn't have a real border or trim around the sliding glass door so I had to "MAKE" one. I think I did a GREAT job if I do say so myself. And I do say so!! The only problem left is trying to find a good window treatment solution. Vertical blinds are not it!! We've tried curtains and rods... and they just get ripped out of the wall. So now I'm going to try just using some velcro attached to the wall, with the other part on the "fabric/curtain" that I decide to use.Here's the closet area.... With a MAD pile of books that we had to rush inside for fear of rain ruining them. We're waiting to get the book case painted and then I can organize their books again on the book case that sits inside this closet area.
I seriously feel we've outgrown this house.... someday we'll find a new place to live that will be big enough to make me feel not so cramped.