Sunday, August 29, 2010

My FIRST trip to Seven Peaks!!!

Okay excuse me for a minute while I'm still doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!

Back in March of this year, my children were reading for minutes. (well actually they read for minutes all the time) but this time they were reading to earn a FREE pass to Seven Peaks.

Okay, if you don't live in Utah, or have never been, you might be asking what the heck it is. Well it's this way FUN, AWESOME, HUGE water park that's about a mile or so from my house.

What's the big deal you ask??? Well, I've lived in Provo for about 11 years and have NEVER, EVER gone! I know, RIDICULOUS, right? Yeah, I know.

So yesterday was the last day I could take my kids, (well not really, but that's what I used to go ahead and make a go of it) so they could use this free pass.

I find out ahead of time that I have to pay for parking, so I went prepared to pay cash for that. NO big deal.

I park. We (my five kids and myself) walk up to the gate and stand in line so we can purchase the two needed tickets to get us all in. Kids are standing in line with me, behaving. Thank goodness.

Some random lady walked up to me, and asked if we were doing the Season Pass? Hm. I'm thinking, am I in the wrong line?? I have no clue what I'm doing because I've never been there. I said, No. We're just buying tickets for today. She held up two tickets she wanted to GIVE me. Yeah, that's right GIVE!! I didn't have to pay for the two tickets that I needed anymore. We all got in FREE!!! SCORE.

HAPPY DANCE!!!

So since I have my purse with me, and didn't want to leave it unattended at the pool, decided to rent a locker to keep it in. $4.00 to keep my valuables still valuable. Not bad at all!

After playing in the wave pool and the tadpole place with my boys, we decided it was time to rent a tube or two. Thinking my options out, I decided that doing a triple was the way to go. We traded it in for three singles and everyone enjoyed using them. We went and floated the lazy river first. Ethan was with me and laughing up a storm he thought it was so FUN. Because we were almost crashing into the walls, and then we'd kick off and go gliding to the opposite one. I loved hearing him laugh. After doing the lazy river. We went back over to the wave pool. Kids had a blast playing on the tubes there as well!!

About this same time, I realized that it was the time Kaylee wanted her Dad to come and get her, to take her to a friends End of Summer Party that she really wanted to go to. So we got a hold of her Dad on the phone and he came and picked her up, and Ethan was ready to go home then too. (Found out he fell asleep almost before they got back home)

Whew, now I can really have some fun! Mind you I've never been on a water slide EVER. So we traded the single tubes in for a triple one, and Thomas waited for us at the bottom of the slide and Heidi and Katherine and I rode down the purple tube slide. HOLY FUN!!! We went back up and did it again!! While Thomas was content to just watch. We then went and traded in the tubes for a double and a single. I went up with Katherine while Heidi and Thomas stayed down below and did one of the body slides. I LOVED IT, except when I splashed into the pool at the bottom and got lots of water in my nose.

But I didn't care so much, because I had a blast!!

Now I'm just kicking myself in the butt, wondering why the heck I have never gone before??? Oh yeah. Too expensive!! But we've decided to buy the passes that are on sale right now, so that we can use them next summer!!! No vacation for us, we're spending as much time at Seven Peaks as possible. But not only there, we can go to Trafalga ( a family fun center with unlimited use of their activities too. We also love that place but don't go very often because it costs a lot for our family) So now the girls can go on Dates with their Dad, or heck I can and it's "cheaper" because we pay for this pass. Totally worth it to us!!

So now, we're looking forward to going to Seven Peaks at least twice more before the end of the year. (the swim season for this place ends on Labor Day) I'm excited. So glad I went!!!

INSERT more of the HAPPY DANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment