Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Few Busy Weeks

So we've been up to a few things lately.  

Katherine's softball team had a lot of rainout games during the month of May and basically the games all had to be made up in about a weeks time.  So we had three days in a row plus Saturday where we were attending her softball games.  And on top of her games we also had games for our boys too.  So we had overlapping and busy nights for a week.  I'm glad that's over.

Kaylee was able to attend her first Youth Conference this last week and she loved it.  She was very tired when she got home and just wanted to sleep. So I let her!!  Better to have her get some sleep then have her be grumpy.  

We also went to opening game night for the Orem Owlz and got to see a great game, and fireworks after the game.  But a bonus happened when we were able to let the kids run the bases after the fireworks.  I'm excited to watch more games even being pregnant.  

Then later that same week, we went down to Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints puts on to help tell some of the history of the church.  The kids liked it, and so did Chris and I. All except the pesky mosquito part.  We did get home after 1 in the morning.  And had two appointments to be at by 9am the next morning.  

Friday was our 13th anniversary.  We didn't do a whole lot except for hang out at seven peaks for a few hours, and despite my efforts trying to protect my family and myself from the harmful effects of the sun, we all ended up sunburned, except the two younger boys.  Chris has it bad on his upper body, while I look like a lobster on my bottom half.  So between the two of us, we're a completely sunburned person.  OUCH!! 

After we came back from Seven Peaks, the two of us took our turns showering off the "pool" water so we could slip away and spend some time just the two of us.  We went to Cafe Rio ... YUMMY!! for dinner, and really enjoyed our meals.  Afterwards, we just spent some time running a few random errands, and trying not to be totally uncomfortable as the unknown sunburns were making their marks on us.   

So Saturday the 25th we spent the morning at Thomas's last T-ball game and then came home and took it easy for the most part.  Later that afternoon, we attended our ward's block party and had a great time.  (Chris didn't go, but I don't blame him and Ethan was sleeping at first so I left him at home with Chris)  The kids had a blast with the face painting, the pony rides, the balloons and friends ---- I had the chance to chat with a few of my friends while the kids were occupied.  It was really nice.  

It's been a long weekend and a few nights of lousy sleep because of the sunburns, but now I can feel that I'm getting a little better. 

Today (June 26th) while at church, I started having some swollen feet and ankles.... so my feet have hurt most of the day, but I've also been able to get a good nap in while I had my feet elevated.  I slept really good.  

Now I'm thinking that maybe I should schedule in a nap everyday from now till the baby gets here.... and then after if I can.  haha... 

And I think that SUMMER is officially here, because it certainly has been HOT!!  I sure hope I can handle the next two months without completely dying.  It's amazing to me, how when I'm pregnant things seem so much more unbearable .... gee I wonder why!!??

Pictures to come later....

No comments:

Post a Comment