Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here I go again... bawling like a baby...

Okay, now that I'm completely bawling like a baby, I need to just put some thoughts down, before the moment passes.

Why? Well, I just started following a blog the other day that I was made aware of through another friend. A sad sad, tale they have been living the last few days, has ended tragically.

I don't know these people, but my heart is aching and grieving with them right now. Why?? Because they are suffering the loss of their little 18 month old baby girl. It's amazing how the time we have here on earth can be completely changed by one little event. It's amazing how a little girl has been able to touch so many lives in such a short amount of time.

The parents have (or at least to me) seemed to set such a great example of faith and love that I can only wish to attain in this lifetime.  And one of relying on the Lord, and thanking and looking to him in such hard times.  They are definitely grounded in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!  They know who they are... and sometimes I'm still wondering ... sad, but true. 
I can't imagine the pain and heartache it is to lose a child, let alone at such a young age. It seriously makes me want to stop sweating the small stuff, and just really get down to the nuts and bolts of life.

You know making sure the important things that keep everything else running smoothly and relationships staying vibrant and healthy are in place.

A serious reminder to take time to appreciate my children and make sure that they know I love them. To let my friends know that I care, and love them. To make sure family members know how I really feel.

To make sure that I'm seriously living my life the best I can so that when I am out of time, that I am looked upon as a good person. So that when others remember me... they think of positiveness and love. Something I'm not always so great at.

Remember to cherish your family!! You don't want to live with regrets.

http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment