Monday, September 26, 2011

Part two of Esther's birth story....

After I heard the first cries ... I could see her briefly and a bit far away. But I could see this little lady had some dark hair and what seemed like a lot to me!

I was still on the operating table because I still needed to be stitched up but first they did the tubal ligation, so yes -- it's permanent as much as we have any control over the matter. And it's a good thing that we had determined we were done having kids, because the doctor would have recommended to us not to have any more. He discovered the walls of the uterus were very, very thin - which is not ideal for pregnancy.

And I was also informed that we got Esther out just in time, because the doctor told me that there was some meconium in the amniotic fluid, but luckily not to the point that it was going to cause her problems. I know that I couldn't have done this without the help of my husband and I'm so thankful he was there for the birth!

So after a morning of feeling lots of contractions that were very painful and hurting I had the baby within 4 1/2 hours of the onset of my contractions...

Here I am 3 weeks later and I love not feeling pregnant anymore, and my feet have finally gone back to their normal size and my baby girl is so fun to have around. The rest of the kids are doting on her all the time, and the older girls always want to hold her.

When the kids came in to the hospital to see Esther after school on the 6th ... they were all in 'instant' love with her.

I'm still having major feelings of being overwhelmed with all the tasks that I should be doing on top of taking care of a newborn, in addition to healing from a major surgery. But I just need to constantly remind myself that it will take time and I will feel "normal" again.

I can't complain too much though because my little beauty sleeps pretty well at night... especially if she's swaddled! Like last night she fell asleep at 12 am and made noise around 2:30ish in the morning but when I came to check on her, she was still sound asleep. So I let her be, and laid back down and she stayed asleep till 6am. But of course, these nights of sleeping well don't make up for the sleepless nights I had at the end of the pregnancy and even the last few weeks ....

I would like to put up some pictures... but I think it would be easier to just put together some scrapbook pages and post those instead.  But here is a picture of our cute little girl at 1 week old. 

8 lbs 4oz   19 1/2" 
Sept 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment