Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sad.

Probably not the post you want to read about... but this is what I'm thinking about. 

Sad. Why? 

A friends son was shot in the head and she found him on her front door step several hours after he had been laying there. 

And after being in surgery, found out that he probably wouldn't survive. 

He passed away yesterday (May 17th).  And they have donated his organs. 

I can't even imagine how I would be dealing with this, and wish to let her know that I love her, and pray that she might feel some comfort right now.  What a hard time. 

And to think this happened only a few blocks from my house.  And I was in that very spot just hours before the this took place. 

I can't believe what goes through anyone's mind to be such a coward and not show their face or own up to what has happened.  I hope that the person responsible is caught and dealt with justly. 

I am glad to know that I can help this family out in the coming days as funeral arrangements are made and that maybe by doing this service, she might know of my love for her. 

Even though this son was 32, I am still thinking of holding on tight to my own children.  Because we really never know how long any one really does have here on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment